Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowless Snow Day

When I left for work this morning, it was 17 degrees outside, but felt like five. FIVE. That's fine for cities like Denver or St. Louis, but I live in TEXAS, y'all.

IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO GET THAT COLD HERE.

I passed two traffic lights with no power, but didn't really give them a second thought. Then I arrived at work and walked into our building. Our DARK building. Immediately I came face to face with our entire IT department standing outside of the server room, with ceiling tiles on the floor, a ladder in the hallway, and flashlights all around.

"This could be good for your blog," Cody suggested. No thanks, Code Man! I come up with my own ideas and- wait a minute. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE.

My department has interior offices, aka no windows. So we sat around a campfire lantern for a few minutes before seeking out friends with a little sunlight. And after about an hour of waiting around THERE, and the building getting colder and colder, we were all sent home.

That's how I found myself sitting on my couch wearing pajama pants wrapped in my comforter and catching up on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" at 11:30 on a Wednesday morning.

Oh happy day!

Later on I met up with friends at McAllister's for some potato soup, followed by a viewing of "Groundhog Day," because like, it's totally perfect that it's actually Groundhog Day and we're like watching the MOVIE "Groundhog Day!"

GET IT???

I came back home for dinner: a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that was originally destined for today's lunch. Mmmm.... a gourmet meal hot off the... out of the... plastic bag... um... who said I'm not domestic?!

Later on it was time for Zumba class with JAVIER, and there was actually a pretty good turn out for a 26-degree evening! You heard my thoughts on Zumba already, so all I'll say is PARTY FOUL: I don't think tall, funny, tall guys who look like a cross between Jared Padalecki and Teddy Dunn should be allowed at Zumba. Especially if they're married. Especially IF THEY'RE TALL.

Up next: that new episode of Cougar Town isn't going to watch itself.

Peace out, homeskillets.

No comments: