Saturday, July 19, 2008

These Days

So since she hasn't yet taken the opportunity to crow about it on her own blog, I am doing it for her: Dani found a wedding dress!!! And bridesmaids dresses!!! I can't believe it, I'm so excited. Their wedding is going to be so completely amazing, I just can't wait. I've written before about how surreal all this is, and it is even more so now that I'm looking at plane tickets and getting ready to fly to California in January! I get to see my Dani marry her Adam! And it will be a reunion of ALL the House 9 girls! The roommates and I have been writing this way too much, but I just can't help myself: EEEEEE!!!!!!!!

If you want to see one of the CUTEST kids ever (and who doesn't love cute kids?) then you need to visit my awesome cousin Shannon's blog for some crazy adorable pictures of her almost two-year-old son Justin. See? Aren't you glad you cliked?

So new catch phrase, guys: Janky Quanky. Use it instead of crazy. You'll like it. (It comes from a misunderstanding of what someone at Bible study had actually said, but janky quanky is so much better.) Let's make it happen.

Yesterday Josh, old friend from college, came into town. Even though we drive each other crazy half the time, we always have lots to talk about and have a good time together. We took advantage of my aparment pool, ate Chinese food, and I even got him to agree to watch some "Veronica Mars!" But the best part? Josh is a licensed massage therapist, and at the end of the evening he (completely unprompted) gave me a MASSAGE!!! It was amazing, and I didn't realize how much I needed until my face was contorted in pain as he worked out the knots. Wondrous.

Today I met Josh, his awesome parents Don and Mischa, and a bunch of their family friends for lunch at a Mexican restaurant. There was a little four-year-old boy there who was an incredible little prodigy when it comes to cars. Hand him your keys and within about three seconds he can tell you what you drive. Unbelievable. Sure enough, I hand over my keys, and after barely glancing at them, he instantly proclaims, "HYUNDAI!" I was completely gobsmacked, and continued to be amazed as he identified vehicle after vehicle. "MAZDA!" "FORD!" "GMC YUKON!" He was right every. single. time. I don't know how he did it. I was surprised he didn't yawn and roll his eyes at us being amused at what was clearly such an easy feat. Kid needs to go on the Tonight Show....

I left right after lunch to hit the road back to the parents house. It's only about a 3 1/2 hour drive, but I listened to "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" the whole way and the trip seemed even quicker. I can't say enough for listening to a good book on the road, guys! I mean, you know a book on tape has done it's job when I'm sitting in the garage at my destination delaying getting out of the car because I want to hear just a little bit more....a little bit more.... Although that may say more for the merits of Harry Potter in general than for listening to books in the car....

My brother Clay went to see "The Dark Knight" at the IMAX on opening night. At 3 am. Not insane enough for you? Yeah, he went and saw it again the very next night. Needless to say, he was pretty stoked when I gave him his birthday present tonight: an uber-creepy poster of a murderous looking Joker. Wouldn't want to put that thing on MY wall, but.... Happy 20th, Clay! Enjoy your new maniacal wall hanging!

So why did I drive to my parents house this weekend? Well I'm glad you asked! Is it because I have ALL of next week off, and I will be on VACATION? Hmm....yes. Yes, that is probably correct. In fact, Ginger flies in tomorrow night (SQUEAL!) and then on Monday she, the 'rents, the bro and I will be off to float the Guadalupe River! So if you don't hear from us for a while, now you know why!

No comments: