Friday, April 13, 2012

Fuller Picture


One time I went to the Dead Sea. Everyone around me was laughing and screaming through the experience. They were hunting for giant chunks of salt or rocks that they could carry home and tell exciting stories about that time they swam in the Dead Sea.

I took my time watching everyone else get in. I was cold outside of the water so I knew... I knew that water was going to be mildly unpleasant.

Understatement.

Floating in the Dead Sea IS a unique and once in a lifetime experience. I'm glad I got in.

The water that kept us floating felt thick and frigid. "Look at me floating without even trying!"

We were warned that getting the water in our eyes would be painful and that drinking a cup-full would be deadly. That's so inviting.

I think my biggest mistake was shaving my legs the day I was going to get into a body of water in which 35% of it is made up of dissolved salts. Holy mother of pearl. My legs still scream out in agony when I think about it.

But when I read about the Dead Sea I now have a picture in my mind... and I am so thankful for that fuller picture.

Really painful picture - but way cool fuller picture.

No comments: