Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Main Squeeze

Be still your heart. A POST! I'm making all of your GALentines dreams come true.

It's happy times around here as we prepare for my sister-in-law's upcoming wedding in March. It's going to be outdoors in Phoenix and it is going to be fabulous.

I pulled forth every ounce of creative and crafty energy in my body and helped throw her a bridal shower this past weekend. We had a lovely time and I am happy to say, thanks to Pinterest, we had a theme with coordinating decorations.

I started by selecting this spring green invitation from BrenaBee Designs on Etsy. So pleased with the end result.


After this point I commenced in some mad pinning and web searching before deciding on a citrus for the shower. So many cute ideas. In the end I could only put a few into action.


We had a brunch with monkey bread, scones, fruit, cookies, and little ham sandwiches. You know the pin. SO tasty. We served up Trader Joe's Italian Blood Orange Soda, Orange Juice, hot teas, and coffee. Who knew the tea would remain untouched? It was even cold that day... like in the 50's. That's frigid here.




Add in some life-long family friends and neighbors and you have a delightful way to spend a Saturday morning.









Mother of the bride and the beaming bride...


The girliest bunch of girls you ever did see. Where's a ball we can go kick?


This bride would rather clean her chicken coop than be the center of attention. For real. Wedding showers are not her idea of a swell time. But I am proud to say she did swimmingly well with all of the attention and girly-girl-ness! We all did.

Lauren is a kind, adventurous, tender-hearted, witty, urban-farming, veterinarian who has fallen for her perfect match. I am so happy for the joy they share now and the love and promise they will share for years to come.

No comments: