Monday, September 15, 2008

Ready and Waiting

I feel ready.

That's the only word I can find to describe my current mood. There are possibilities in the air.

I don't know exactly what it is, but it must be a combination of a lot of factors. It's having a good hair day and a closet full of clean laundry. It's the gorgeous and cool weather we had today. It's being barefoot and reading good books and being delighted and receiving save the date cards and laughing on the phone. It's knowing I'll be "out of the office" for the next few days. It's anticipating the Emmy's on Sunday. It's knowing that the Beach House is probably okay. It's a full tank of gas and everywhere yet nowhere to go.

It feels like the Beginning. I'm excited for what's coming, even though I have no idea what I'm anticipating. But it's about to start.

Is there a soundtrack for this feeling?

The days are full of anticipation.

I want to dance in the street and run on the beach and tackle my friends in huge hugs and laugh over all the new exciting things.

I'm ready to go and see and do. I'm ready for change. I’m ready for something new.

I want to come with you wherever you're heading.

Are you ready? Let's go.

3 comments:

~lady j said...

"Is there a soundtrack for this feeling?"

Oh roommate. What a silly question. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu7sRdRrm_w

(what's strange is that I actually get this song in my head QUITE often. maybe i should add that to my Lame List? :)

love you!

dc said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel, dear.

Eeeeeee! Something's coming! :)

Katie said...

I love this. And you, Val. Won't you please please come visit Abilene this fall?