Thursday, November 11, 2010

Casablanca en Mexico

My parents and sister and I were in Mexico a year ago this month. And I was just thinking/remembering/dreaming about this most magical moment, when I found "Casablanca" being projected onto the side of a building. I couldn't hear the dialogue from street level, but the most unlikely music serenaded the moment, and it just... fit! Who would have thought that the faint strains of mariachi music would be the perfect and unexpected soundtrack?

I happened upon the entire scene quite by accident, and stood transfixed for far too long.

An old movie playing outside? On a building? In Mexico? Accompanied by mariachi music? I am just not aware that life gets much better than that.

Sometimes its just nice to stop and remember the unexpected fun/magical/perfect moments we are blessed with.

No comments: