Monday, May 23, 2011

Just Another Day At The Office

I work at a camp.

Naturally, this is a busy time of year for us, seeing as how campers show up in LESS THAN ONE WEEK.

To help us run camp during the summer, about 1,200 summer staff are hired every year. And for two days, all of them (and all of us full-time staff) are packed into a giant auditorium for worship, training, and vision-casting for the summer. It's one of my most favorite times of the year.

The atmosphere in that room is extremely difficult to describe, but it's definitely energizing to say the least. I hope you can make it to my town one of these Mays to come experience it with me. It's amazing.

Here's a little taste of the staff getting revved up between sessions:


A big part of why we are all gathered in this auditorium is to go through our in-house training manual, lovingly known as The Way. As in, our "way" of doing things. (Hip hip, THE WAY!)

To kick off this training time, and to get the new folks excited about what was to come, something truly awesome needed to happen. Watch and see:


And if you think I would pass up the chance to participate in ANYTHING "Newsies"-inspired, well, you are sorely mistaken, friend. Look again, and you might notice a certain blonde in a freakishly bright yellow t-shirt paired with her camp-regulation khaki shorts.

It's a fine life!

...So how was YOUR day at work?

4 comments:

Amanda Wissmann said...

I don't have to tell you how AWESOME that was...or howmuch it crushes me knowing that I missed out on the fun....Newsies fun at that. Ugh...

THANK YOU for pointing YOU out! I KNEW you were in there, I just couldn't figure out where. Now it's SO obvious, ha! I know that was a dream come true :)

I love you!

Ginger said...

My work week has not had enough dancing. Must fix. (SO JEALOUS.)

Stevox said...

A fantastic performance! Bravo.

shannonmichaelis said...

Great to see your skit in action! Loved the dancing by the blond in yellow! Still don't know the song, but what's new! I have been behind on google reader.