Thursday, June 5, 2008

Summer Reading

I realize that you could just as easily turn to Oprah or Maureen Corrigan and pick up some books for the summer – and that I just blogged about books recently, but I can’t help but share the wealth. Humor:
I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman - Nora Ephron

Memoir:
The Russian Word for Snow - Janis Cooke Newman
Operating Instructions: A Journal of My Son's First Year – Anne Lamott
Rainbow's End: A Memoir of Childhood, War, and an African Farm - Lauren St. John
Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust - Immaculee Ilibagiza

Spirituality:
Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire - Jim Cymbala (as good the second time around)
Grace Eventually - Anne Lamott
The Irresistable Revolution – Shane Claibourne

Non-Fiction:
The Lost Daughters of China – Karin Evans
Leave Me Alone, I’m Reading. – Maureen Corrigan


Oddly enough I started a book with plenty of potential, but the book smelled horribly – I couldn’t get past chapter four. I had to read the last chapter and then set it aside. Maybe your copy will be fresher.

All the Fishes Come Home to Roost: An American Misfit in India - Rachel Manija Brown

Happy Reading.

No comments: