Sunday, September 27, 2009

Live Blogging the EMMYS! (One Week Later.)

The Emmys this year were absolutely fantastic. Definitely the best I've ever seen the show. I jotted down my thoughts and impressions while watching last Sunday night, and am only just now getting around to posting them in a blog. So this isn't the most timely of blog entries, but I know you're dying to hear my thoughts anyway! Without any further adieu...


  • Neil Patrick Harris's opening number was incredible!!! Didn't see it? Don't worry, I've got you covered:




  • Whoever had the idea for an interesting commentator? One who does not simply droll on about how this is So-and-So's first nomination, or What's-Her-Face's second Emmy? Is a genius. John Hodgman is killing it.
  • Kristin Chenoweth had me simultaneously laughing and crying during her acceptance speech. I lurve her.
  • Supporting actress glasses- inspired. Those ladies are awesome. Strange, though, that Jane Krakowski seemed to be embarassed by the whole thing. Very odd. Kristen Wiig is hilarious, though, and Vanessa Williams = completely fierce.



  • Aww, Alec Baldwin dedicated his Emmy to Lorne Michaels! Sweetness.
  • Neil Patrick Harris should have a permanent job hosting the Emmys. He is absolutely amazing.
  • Whoa! Was that Andy Serkis? That was Andy Serkis! I KNOW that was Andy Serkis. I can spot any Lord of the Rings castmember a mile away. That was Andy Serkis.
  • I love Shoreh Aghdashlo. I haven't seen her in many things, but I love her. Her voice fascinates me. I want her to read me stories about fairies and princesses before I fall asleep.
  • Oooh! Look, it's Ian McKellan! See? LOTR-dar! Told you.
  • Dude! That Jim Parsons is a dream boat! Where have I been?
  • JIMMY FALLON!!! Not meeting and marrying him before he got married remains one of the biggest mistakes of my life.



  • Bravo to the creative team that completely revitalized the show. Every choice they've made thus far has been spot on.
  • That Variety package was amazing. Again, again!
  • The obscure IMDb finds for the presenters ("Night of the Lawyers?" "The Girl with the Crazy Brother?") are pure gold.
  • Ricky Gervais is absolutely brilliant. And that look that he and Tom Hanks shared?? Highlight of my life.



  • John Hodgeman just said that this was the Daily Show's 900th Emmy win. Hilar.
  • MICHAEL EMERSON just won for LOST! YEAH!!! What a super classy speech, y'all. Class. Y.
  • The live song over the "In Memorium" clips didn't work for the Oscars, and it doesn't work here.
  • Neil Patrick Harris. Seriously. He's just-- awesome.
  • Show's over! Time to watch it all over again....

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Thanks for sharing all the goodness as I can't remember the last time I sat through a whole awards show. Can you do this with every one? Shanks.