Monday, February 28, 2011

Bits

I have a dentist appointment this morning. I don't have dentist-phobia. But I did bite my cheek last week AND I have two canker sores. Who thinks this is going to be fun? Show of hands?

* * * * * * * * *

We are having 4 of our neighbors over for dinner on Thursday night! (WOOT) The challenge: one couple is vegetarian. We've decided to stick with what we know: Italian. Bruschetta for appetizers is a definite... but I'm still wavering on the main course. Either Tomato Basil Soup, Salad, and "create your own" grilled cheese OR a baked ziti (w/ tomatoes, ricotta, and mozzarella) salad, and bread. Dessert and coffee is a given. Any ideas or incredible recipes you are dying to share?

* * * * * * * * *

We spent three hours on Saturday and two hours on
Sunday working on laying new drip lines in the front yard. As my dad said, "How green of you!" Our yard is desert rocks, it's time for some flowers. We went to the nursery, planned out where everything might fit and then began digging. In order to get water to the lantana (which we WILL plant) we had to take the line UNDER THE SIDEWALK. Two hours into the project and a man walked up and told us that "there was an easier way than just using our gardening tools and force." He suggested "some pvc pipe and a hose and..." as soon as he pulled away we were back to our stubborn ways. Today: the yard is a mess - but the line is set and we are ready to plant next Sunday. (P.S. I might get in trouble for this pic.)

* * * * * * * * *

I'm starting a new journal today. Isn't that just the best?

* * * * * * * * *

I'm on the lookout for new podcasts. I listen to lots of different ones while I workout, but I could sure use even MORE to choose from. Current favs: "This American Life", "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me", "Stuff You Missed in History Class" and various sermons from some churches. Think: stories. Not self-help or how to train for a marathon. Any recommendations?

* * * * * * * * *

Anne Hathaway is perky, isn't she?

3 comments:

SKMorbys said...

I'm going to send you my recipe for Sopapilla Cheesecake! I vote for the ziti.

Stevox said...

Can she host every year? I feel like she could tell me that my house burnt down in a fire, and I would still be smiling.

AHedgeKnight said...

That picture is so great.