Wednesday, August 4, 2010

If you can't say anything nice...

I was all set to use this post to whine and complain about today. It definitely had it's ups, but the downs were the kind (when mixed with being stressed, and warm, and feeling gross, and like I have the skin of a teenager) that produced near breakdowns throughout the day. I was close to cursing, crying, and wanting to be ridiculous and drive 47 miles across town at 9:00pm just to get a hug before driving back. That kind of day. Nothing was really that awful, all will be well in the morning.

So instead, I decided to say only wonderful things.

10. I am flying to Houston on Friday. Yes, it's Houston in August... but I get to see these people:

9. I finished reading the book of Joshua today. I feel very strong and courageous... and like I know a lot about Jewish land inheritance.

8. My wonderful cousin Shannon is throwing me a shower on Saturday!

7. My soon-to-be in-laws are taking me to the airport at 6am on Friday morning. They are lovely people.

6. I purchased the Matt Maher album and I have been playing it continuously. Lots of theology to chew through in his lyrics.

5. We are reading "Mere Christianity" and "Sacred Marriage." It's a nice combo.

4. My fiance made pesto stuffed fillets on Sunday... and peach pie. I loved him a lot before this... (Yes, the pie does say "D loves G.")

3. The car battery that had to be replaced after several hours of impatience... fell under warranty and was put in for free.

2. I spent 5 hours with teenagers this evening playing laser tag and hanging out. I connected with some students... and then I beat them... in laser tag. I placed 2nd in the first game.

1. "Thou hast led me on and I have found thy promises true,
I have been sorrowful, but thou hast been my help,
fearful, but thou hast delivered me,
despairing, but thou hast lifted me up.
Thy vows are ever upon me,
And I praise thee, O God."
From "God Enjoyed" in the The Valley of Vision: Puritan Prayers

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All beautiful. Perfect ending to a somewhat imperfect day! And btw - that D is a keeper... a man who cooks AND reads C.S. Lewis! God is good... :) -m