Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My Fall TV

Checking out new tv shows can be a lot of fun, but inevitably the fall schedule is flooded with titles you've never heard of, and most don't know where to start. From "Bionic Woman" to "Pushing Daisies" to "Gossip Girl"...there are a lot. Fortunately for you, I am an Entertainment Weekly subscriber, plus a frequenter of E! Online (and their great tv critic Kristin Vietch.) So don't worry, I've got you covered. I'll let you know what I'm trying out, and you can decide if you want to tune in as well. Of course I'll still be checking in with Heroes, The Office, and Grey's Anatomy, but with the absence of Gilmore Girls and- until 2008- Lost, I have a few holes in my DVR. So without further ado, here are a few of the new shows I'll be trying out this fall:


Viva Laughlin:
...Part drama, part thriller, part musical
The fact that it's a musical drama intrigues me. Plus I'm loving the addition of Hugh Jackman to my tube!
CBS Sunday 8/7c

Chuck:
Computer geek by day. Government operative by night.
I don't have high hopes, but I'll probably set the DVR to record the first episode.
NBC Monday 8/7c

The Big Bang Theory:
A woman shows two brilliant physicists how little they know about life.
Pro: the trailer for this made me laugh once. Con: It comes from the creators of "Two and a Half Men." We'll see if I remember to tune in...
CBS Monday 8:30/7:30c

Journeyman: Vasser is a San Francisco newspaper reporter and family man who is suddenly given the gift of time travel... Through his time travels, he gets reunited with his long lost fiancé, an event that further complicates his relationship with his present wife.
Looks fascinating!
NBC Monday 10/9c

Cavemen:
A trio of Neanderthals struggle to live in modern day America.
I'm so excited for this one! Looks like some really sophisticated comedy. Get ready to laugh!
Umm.... just kidding.

Back to You:
A pair of star news anchors work together at a local TV station.
I like Patricia Heaton. I might catch this one every now and then..
Fox Wednesday 8/7c

Pushing Daisies:
It's a love story, a death story, a murder mystery, a fantasy tale, and it's beautifully made.
The critics are loving this show, and it looks interesting. I'll definitely be tuning in.
ABC Wednesday 8/7c

Kid Nation:
40 Kids have 40 days to build a brave new world without adults to help or hinder their efforts. Can they do it?
I'm so intrigued to see how these kids handle being on their own. I bet their futile attempts at adulthood will be fairly comprable to mine.
CBS Wenesday 8/7c

Big Shots:
An inside look into the life of a CEO.
Michael Vartan.

That is all.
ABC Thursday 10/9c

Full list of premiere dates
Pajiba's Fall TV Preview

No comments: