Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Chewing for a living

"He who risks and fails can be forgiven. He who never risks and never fails is a failure in his whole being." - Paul Tillich

"I think life is staggering and we're just used to it." - Donald Miller

"Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
But only he who sees, takes off his shoes -
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries,
And daub their natural faces unaware." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

"We don't have to search for God. God is surrounding us, drenching us to the bone with His presence. Once we understand that, we can work on how to make ourselves aware of it always. God is here in the best moments and our worst moments." - Steve Case

"Hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently." - Romans 8:24-25

I'm still chewing on all of this. 2010 is bigger and deeper than I'd imagined and I can't wait to see where this is headed.

"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him.
The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see." - Mark 10:51

1 comment:

Julia said...

Ginger...I love the passages. So true...if only we remember to open our eyes.

2010 has been a wonderful year for you. The best is yet to come.

I am sure you have looked at all the wedding blogs out there...but this one has wedding songs on it...and I copied the link for you.
Jordan's bridal party walked out to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by the Hawaiin guy...because Jordan is a Wizard of Oz freak. It wasn't a traditional processional but perfect for Bride Jordan.

Tell your mama hi for me :)

xoxo, Julia




http://www.projectwedding.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-songs